Specific blend of both fresh
and toasted granulates for vinification
Complexity, sweetness, organoleptic corrections
- 100% French oak granulates for vinification, a specific recipe developed by Pronektar’s R&D team.
- More mature, complex fruit profile, better impact on the masking of vegetal and grassy character.
- Higher contribution of volume and sweetness. Softening of harsh and astringent tannins linked to lack of maturity.
OBJECTIVE: Benefit from the oenological advantages of fresh wood, while obtaining a more mature and softer profile.
- Technical characteristicsFrench oak
Blend of dehydrated fresh granulates and toasted granulates
10 kg (22 lbs) bag without mesh bag, carton box of 2 x 10 kg, pallet of 24 boxes
- Guidelines for use
OPTIMAL PERIOD FOR STARTING CONTACT
– White wines:
Just after the clarification of the must to obtain maximum protection of the freshness.
– Red wines:
While putting the harvested grapes in tank to benefit as quickly as possible from the protection against oxidation and stabilization of color.
Use in mesh bags for white and rosé wines, and loose in the tank for red wines.
RECOMMENDED TIME OF CONTACT
Minimum 2 weeks, during the vinification period.
- Recommended dose rates
- Practical examples of use
On under-ripe Sémillon to mask the vegetal character and to bring fat and sweetness: 1 g/l (0.008 lbs/gal) just after the clarification of the must.
On a powerful Cabernet Sauvignon which lacks maturity, to mask the vegetal character of green peppers, bring volume and sweetness and soften the harsh tannins: 3 g/l (5 lbs/ton) while filling up the tank.
- Test resultsProductNektar Duo FreshDose2 g/lOak contactMaceration and fermentationTime of contact15 daysVarietalMerlotVintage2013Geographic areaBordeaux, France