Pronektar’s historical reference
Quality aging, controlled budget
- French oak or American oak staves.
- Aromatic intensity, complexity, combining toasts and wood origins.
- Structure and sweetness on the palate.
OBJECTIVE: Generous, modern oak profiles.
- Technical characteristicsFrench oak or American oak
+/- 200 g (0.44 lbs)
0.105 m2 (1.12 sq ft)
Medium, Medium Plus
Carton box of 100 staves, pallet of 25 boxes
- Guidelines for use
OPTIMAL PERIOD FOR STARTING CONTACT
– White wines:
From start of primary fermentation to obtain a well-integrated oak profile and respect the profile of the fruit.
– Red wines:
Before malolactic fermentation to obtain a more complex aromatic profile and maximum integration of the tannic structure, or at the beginning of aging.
RECOMMENDED AGING TEMPERATURE
15°C (60°F) minimum with strict monitoring of microbiological conditions.
It is recommended that the staves be attached halfway up the tank, using food-grade binding straps, or to stack them on stainless steel rods.
RECOMMENDED TIME OF CONTACT
Minimum 4 months, to be monitored by tasting.
- Recommended dose rates
- Practical examples of use
On rich white varietals (Chardonnay, Gros Manseng, Marsanne, Roussanne), aiming for aromatic intensity and complexity: 2 staves/hl (0.08 sq ft/gal), 50% French oak medium toast, 50% French oak medium plus toast at the beginning of primary fermentation.
On structured Cabernet Sauvignon, aiming for aromatic oak and for ripening the fruit profile: 3 staves/hl (0.13 sq ft/gal), 1/3 French oak medium toast, 1/3 French oak medium plus toast, 1/3 American oak medium plus toast at start of malolactic fermentation or at beginning of aging.
- Test resultsProductNektar Essentielle French Oak Medium and Medium + toastDose2,8 stv/hLOak contactAgingTime of contact5,5 monthsVarietalMerlot - Cabernet Sauvignon blendVintage2010Geographic areaLanguedoc, France