Enological tool for vinification
Fresh granulates with concentrated tannic content
- 100% untoasted French oak granulates for vinification.
- Barrel quality oak, natural aging in the wood yard, Oakscan® selection of wood with high content of ellagitannins, dehydrated before packing. Unique product on the market, highly concentrated.
- Enhances the fruit character and softens the vegetal characteristics without adding any oak aroma. Brings structure, volume, sweetness. Early stabilization of the color, protection against oxidation.
OBJECTIVE: Bring structure and sweetness, stabilize the color and protect the must during vinification.
- Technical characteristicsFrench oak
Dehydrated without toasting
10 kg (22 lbs) bag without mesh bag, box pallet of 300 kg (660 lbs)
- Guidelines for use
OPTIMAL PERIOD FOR STARTING CONTACT
– White wines:
Just after the clarification of the must to obtain maximum protection of the freshness.
– Red wines:
While putting the harvested grapes in tank to benefit as quickly as possible from the protection against oxidation and stabilization of color.
Use in mesh bags for white and rosé wines, and loose in the tank for red wines.
RECOMMENDED TIME OF CONTACT
Minimum 2 weeks, during the vinification period.
- Recommended dose rates
- Practical examples of use
On Sauvignon Blanc or Colombard varietals, aiming for volume and length on the palate: 0.5 g/l (0.004 lbs/gal) just after the clarification of the must. Be careful not to overdose to avoid breaking down the varietal aromas.
On rich and structured Merlot, aiming for power and volume, with early stabilization of the color: 3 g/l (5 lbs/ton) while filling up the tank.
- Test resultsProductNektar FreshDose2 g/lOak contactMaceration and fermentationTime of contact15 daysVarietalMerlotVintage2013Geographic areaBordeaux, France