Optimal respect of the fruit
- French oak staves with a unique and specific toast.
- Total respect of the pure expression of the fruit, minimum contribution of toasted aromas.
- Build-up of structure, sweetness, freshness and persistency on the palate.
OBJECTIVE: The benefits of the oak contribution on the palate without the aromatic impact from the toast.
- Technical characteristicsFrench oak
+/- 200 g (0.44 lbs)
0.105 m2 (1.12 sq ft)
Carton box of 100 staves, pallet of 25 boxes
- Guidelines for use
OPTIMAL PERIOD FOR STARTING CONTACT
– White wines:
From start of primary fermentation to obtain a well-integrated oak profile.
– Red wines:
Before malolactic fermentation to obtain maximum integration of the tannic structure.
RECOMMENDED AGING TEMPERATURE
15°C (60°F) minimum with strict monitoring of microbiological conditions.
It is recommended that the staves be attached halfway up the tank, using food-grade binding straps, or to stack them on stainless steel rods.
RECOMMENDED TIME OF CONTACT
Minimum 4 months, to be monitored by tasting.
- Recommended dose rates
- Practical examples of use
On white wines, amylic style (Sémillon, Grenache Blanc, Vermentino), with the aim of reinforcing the volume, freshness and persistency on the palate, without contributing any oak aromas: 1 stave/hl (0.04 sq ft/gal) at the start of primary fermentation.
On over-mature and/or slightly faded Merlot, with the aim of refreshing the fruit profile and regaining freshness and balance on the palate by covering the dry tannins: 2 staves/hl (0.08 sq ft/gal) when racking off the skins.
- Test resultsProductNektar PureDose3,0 stv/hLOak contactMalolactic fermentationTime of contact6 monthsVarietalMerlot - Cabernet Sauvignon blendVintage2009Geographic areaBordeaux, France