To refresh the oak profile
of your old barrels
- A tool to place in your barrels to extend the time of their use.
- A more intense and pleasing aromatic oak profile, masking the « old wood » notes.
- Contribution of sweetness and volume on the palate, covering the dry tannins generated by the old barrels.
OBJECTIVE: Refresh the aromas and taste of wines aged in old barrels.
- Technical characteristicsFrench oak or American oak
+/- 600 g (1.32 lbs)
0,32 m2 (3.63 sq ft)
Medium, Medium plus
Sets of stick individually packaged, carton box of 25 sets, pallet of 24 boxes
- Guidelines for use
OPTIMAL PERIOD FOR STARTING CONTACT
– White wines:
As soon as the wines are put in the barrel for primary fermentation to obtain a well-integrated oak profile and to respect the profile of the fruit.
– Red wines:
As soon as the wines are put in the barrel for better integration of the aromatic oak profile and of the tannic structure.
RECOMMENDED AGING TEMPERATURE
15°C (60°F) minimum with strict monitoring of microbiological conditions.
Insert into the barrel through the bung hole of the barrel.
RECOMMENDED TIME OF CONTACT
Minimum 4 months, to be monitored by tasting.
RECOMMENDED DOSE RATES
1 set of sticks for a 225/228 liter barrel.
- Practical examples of use
On a white wine vinified in barrels: 1 set of sticks French oak medium toast as soon as the wine is put in the barrel at the beginning of primary fermentation.
On mature, concentrated, red wine: 1 set of sticks French oak medium plus toast as soon as the wine is put in the barrel.