Specific blend of chips
for a complex, vanilla result
- Specific recipe of toasted chips developed for vinification and aging by the Pronekar R&D team.
- Oak, vanilla, lactone, creamy notes with respect of the fruit profile.
- Sweetness and volume on the palate.
OBJECTIVE: Complex, vanilla oak profile, respecting the fruit. Volume and sweetness on the palate.
- Technical characteristicsBlend of French oak and American oak
Blend of toasts
10 kg (22 lbs) bag with mesh bag, carton box of 2 x 10 kg, pallet of 24 boxes
- Guidelines for use
OPTIMAL PERIOD FOR STARTING CONTACT
– White wines:
From start of primary fermentation to obtain a well-integrated oak profile and to respect the profile of the fruit.
– Red wines:
Before malolactic fermentation for a more complex aromatic profile and maximum integration of the tannic structure, or at beginning of aging.
RECOMMENDED AGING TEMPERATURE
15°C (60°F) minimum with strict monitoring of microbiological conditions.
It is recommended that the bags be attached halfway up the tank, using food-grade binding straps.
RECOMMENDED TIME OF CONTACT
Minimum 1 month, to be monitored by tasting.
- Recommended dose rates
- Practical examples of use
On delicate, elegant white wine, aiming for oak complexity and volume on the palate while respecting the fruit profile: 1 g/l (0.008 lbs/gal) at the start of primary fermentation.
On mature, balanced red wines, aiming for a vanilla, complex oak profile, with respect of the fruit, and with sweetness and volume on the palate: 2.5 g/l (0.020 lbs/gal) at the start of malolactic fermentation or during aging.
- Test resultsProductNektar Dolce VanillaDose2,2 g/lOak contactAgingTime of contact6 weeksVarietalTempranilloVintage2013Geographic areaSpain