Specific blend of chips for
an intense and roasted result
- Specific recipe of toasted chips developed for vinification and aging by Pronektar’s R&D team.
- Roasted, dark chocolate, grilled oak notes.
- Power and volume on the palate.
OBJECTIVE: Toasted oak profile, power on the palate, aiming for intense oak profiles.
- Technical characteristicsFrench oak
10 kg (22 lbs) bag with mesh bag, carton box of 2 x 10 kg, pallet of 24 boxes
- Guidelines for use
OPTIMAL PERIOD FOR STARTING CONTACT
– White wines:
From start of primary fermentation to obtain a well-integrated oak profile and to respect the profile of the fruit.
– Red wines:
Before malolactic fermentation for a more complex aromatic profile and a maximum integration of the tannic structure or right at the start of aging.
RECOMMENDED AGING TEMPERATURE
15°C (60°F) minimum with strict monitoring of microbiological conditions.
It is recommended that the bags be attached halfway up the tank, using food-grade binding straps.
RECOMMENDED TIME OF CONTACT
Minimum 1 month, to be monitored by tasting.
- Recommended dose rates
- Practical examples of use
On mature, concentrated Mediterranean varietals (such as Tempranillo, Sangiovese), to enhance the dark fruit, bring power and chocolate and slightly roasted notes: 2 g/l (0.016 lbs/gal) at the start of malolactic fermentation or during aging.
On brandy, aiming for dark chocolate, roasted notes: 5 g/l (0.040 lbs/gal) during aging.
- Test resultsProductNektar Dolce MokaDose2,2 g/lOak contactAgingTime of contact6 weeksVarietalTempranilloVintage2013Geographic areaSpain